Spare Room Location Analysis (28th Oct)

In this blog post I’ll be analysing the second location the media students have found forĀ Cognition, which is a spare bedroom in the Producer’s house. I believe the script will be altered slightly to accommodate this change of setting. I’ll enclose a picture of the room, but it is quite small, with some furniture that should be relatively easy to move, apart from a large double bed. This occupies a large amount of space in the room, and realistically must be moved in order to utilise the full space of the room.

Set Locations-4

The space isn’t too full, but the bed needs to be moved.

I made some audio recordings with my Tascam DR100-MKii that I’ll edit and post links to below, but generally the space sounded rather good. The ceiling is tall enough to boom in and the street outside is far enough away from the main road that cars don’t appear on recordings unless driving past the house. The neighbours were playing music, which we’ll need to ensure doesn’t happen when we’re shooting, and Hannah, the Producer, has a few older fridges that hum quite loudly. We should be able to turn those off when we’re shooting however, so this shouldn’t pose a huge issue. The bed will need to be moved, and at the moment, that appears to be the main problem with the location. Once this is resolved however, I feel like, even though the Drill Hall’s basement looked fantastic, this space would be better from an aural perspective, and that we should be able to record excellent audio during filming.