Meeting with Mikey, Film Crew’s Tutor (12th Oct)

This meeting was a rather simple one, and it was nice to meet Mikey and sit in on some of his discussion with Lauren about the script and what it needed before it was complete. The opening flashback looks to be removed, and Mikey liked the idea of setting the film predominantly in one location. I suggested using the two already in the script, as we could use audio creatively to transition between the two spaces, and attempt to foreshadow the film’s bloody end using sound. I suggested something simple like having birdsong and a relaxed, calm atmosphere in the first space, Susan’s bedroom, which would then fade out as we transitioned to the basement. When in, the door could shut with a loud metallic clang, and perhaps a bolt could be thrown as well, shattering the atmosphere of the previous space. Then the noise of the basement, machines clicking and whirring, the claustrophobic atmosphere would rush in as Susan descends the stairs. I like it.

Aside from this, I was quiet for most of the meeting, as Mikey spoke to Lauren about using crowdfunding to gain some extra money for the film, tentatively set a budget of approximately £1500. We then headed off, and Mikey mentioned that until the script was finalised, it wasn’t necessary for us (Sound Team) to attend all of the Film Crew’s meetings with him. I expect we’ll attend in a fortnight.